Sunday, 27 September 2026

STORY 1148 — OCTOBER

 

Almost a year ago, after spending several months focusing on completing my report, the full report was finally submitted in early October 2025.

Amid the demands of daily work and other responsibilities, I had sacrificed several months to complete it. I went here and there, reaching out to friends and colleagues who could help me prepare all the required documents. Alhamdulillah, a few of my work contacts were kind enough to guide me through the various forms and requirements.

In December, I received a call for an interview. In January, I attended the interview with two panel members in Petaling Jaya. In February, the result came—and in April, I was finally registered with BEM.

A few months ago, BEM held a similar conferment ceremony. Unfortunately, I was out of the area and could not attend.

Today, when IEM organized a similar programme, I decided to make the effort to be there.

Seeing 68 other engineers receiving their recognition made me reflect on the journey that brought me here. Among them was a recipient who was 70 years old, walking onto the stage with pride. There were also recipients below the age of 30.

It reminded me of something simple:

There is no such thing as being too late. There is only whether we choose to pursue it or not.

Every journey has its own timing. Sometimes, we take longer because life demands our attention elsewhere. Sometimes, we need to pause, struggle, ask for help, and keep moving.

Today, I am grateful that I did not give up.

To everyone who prayed for me, guided me, encouraged me, and helped me along the way—thank you.

This achievement may carry my name, but the journey was never mine alone.

That is my story today.


No comments:

Post a Comment