This was my second encounter with Ir. Ahmad Rafidi, one of the very active leaders of IEM.
The first time I met him was earlier this year, during an interview session at the IEM Headquarters in Petaling Jaya, Selangor. When I saw him at the event, I immediately went over to greet him.
Interestingly, just like during our first meeting, the first thing he noticed was my new look. My hair is now much longer, with the grey and white strands fully showing. It was quite a different appearance from the person he met during the interview earlier this year.
We talked about many things.
I took the opportunity to share with him about my first book, My Story in Palm Oil Industry, which is expected to be printed next week. I explained why I decided to write the book and who I hope to reach through it — particularly young professionals and engineers working across different industries.
After some time, our conversation became even more interesting when one of his friends, who is also an IEM leader and works in the same company, joined us.
I also shared that I had recently completed my training on Registered Energy Manager with IEM Training Centre and had just started my DBA journey at Putra Business School (PBS), a business school under UPM.
At the same time, I was actually taking the opportunity to introduce him to an ODL mixed-mode PhD programme, which I believe could be relevant and suitable for professionals like him who are still actively contributing to their industries.
Alhamdulillah, over the past few months, I have had the opportunity to meet many remarkable figures from IEM and PBS. Each encounter has opened another window for me — bringing new perspectives, new knowledge, new friendships and, most importantly, a deeper understanding of the professional journey I am still exploring.
Sometimes, fellowship is not simply about meeting people.
It is about exchanging stories, sharing knowledge, opening doors for one another, and discovering that every person we meet may become part of another chapter in our journey.
That is my story today.

No comments:
Post a Comment