Friday, 25 September 2026

STORY 1147 — LISTEN WITH CURIOSITY


One day, I accompanied Abu to the Lahad Datu Customs Office to discuss several matters with the Customs officers.

Once the date and time of the meeting had been confirmed, the two of us made our way to the Lahad Datu Customs Office.

Actually, I had never been to the Customs Office before, so the meeting was something I was looking forward to. On top of that, the building was newly constructed and had only started operating that same year. Seeing the building from the outside every day while returning from work had made me even more curious about what was inside.

As soon as I entered the lobby, I did what I usually do. I looked around and observed every corner that caught my attention.

I noticed the organizational chart, the department's motto, and eventually, a poster that caught my eye.

It said:

“Listen with curiosity,
Speak with honesty,
Act with integrity.”
— Roy T. Benner

Don't ask me who Roy T. Benner is.

I still don't know until today.

But those words immediately caught my attention.

I took a picture of the poster.

After the meeting was over, we returned to the factory.

Later, I edited the quotation using the background of the factory where I was working at that time. I printed it, put it up in front of my office door, and shared it with several engineers in the office.

Years passed, and that little moment became just another memory.

Then yesterday, while updating and organizing some folders on my laptop, I came across the picture again.

Funny how an old picture can bring back an old story.

So, I decided to share it again — this time with everyone, including my bosses.

Perhaps that is the beauty of curiosity.

Sometimes, we see something without knowing why it catches our attention. We take a picture, keep it somewhere, and continue with our lives.

Years later, we find it again and realize that those few simple words have stayed with us all along.

Listen with curiosity.
Speak with honesty.
Act with integrity.

That is my story today.

No comments:

Post a Comment